Automating and Accelerating the Entire Contract Lifecycle at Paddy Power Betfair
About Paddy Power
Paddy Power Betfair is a leading international sports betting and gaming operator and constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. It’s powered by sophisticated in-house technology, innovative products and creative marketing and sporting partnerships.
- Industry: Betting and Gaming
- Employees: 7,000
- Locations: Ireland, UK, Portugal, Romania, Italy, Australia, USA
- Website: www.paddypowerbetfair.com
To manage and optimise contracts, Paddy Power Betfair needed an easy-to-use Spend Governance and Contract Repository solution.
- Deal Sheets captured in Word document make it difficult to maintain repository and indexing
- No visibility of Deal Sheet data to all stake holders until sent to next level by email
- Discussion carried over by email made it difficult to track conversations
- Creating contracts in legacy solution required duplication of entry of data already in Deal Sheet
- No mechanism for alerts/notifications for approvals, reminders, escalations
- Approval mechanism is manual
- Manual generation of reports is time consuming, makes accuracy harder to achieve.
Paddy Power Betfair operate five leading brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel and TVG, which have over five million customers worldwide. Paddy Power’s contracts process was a somewhat painful inefficient process that required a tremendous amount of manual effort and way too many emails.
Evolving business needs of Paddy Power Betfair required them to get on board with industry best practices and streamline the contract process, helping move deal sheets (pre-cursor to a contract) quickly from one step to the next – ultimately saving time, money and a lot of headaches. Now, they receive the right email at the right time and are in a far better place to achieve procurement SLAs and report with accurate data, having partnered with award-winning Oracle experts, Namos Solutions.
- Electronic processing of Deal Sheet and Contract in cloud.
- Single source of information for Deal Sheet integrated with Enterprise Contract.
- Deal Sheet accessible to all stake holders from submission to approval.
- Restriction prevents creation of duplicate contracts for given Deal Sheet.
- Alerts and notifications during approval, reminders if awaiting approval.
- Dashboard with tabular summary view and graphical representation with drill-down capabilities.
- Enabled to integrate with eBusiness Suite using web service API (SOAP, REST).
- Historical data of Deal Sheet is available.
- 360 view of Deal Sheet data from creation to approval historically.
SOLUTIONS AT A GLANCE
- Oracle Enterprise Contracts Cloud Service
- Oracle Application Composer
- Oracle Business Process Management (BPM)
- Single channel for requesting and approving Deal Sheets and contracts.
- Automatic alerts on upcoming milestones such as contract expiration.
- Easy-to-use, central repository to manage all contract types (Procurement, Sales, Project and Service).
- Oracle Social Network embedded in Deal Sheet streamlines team communication, avoiding the exchange of emails and offline discussion.
- Deal Sheet is processed electronically which avoids having to maintain the deal sheet data in offline mode.
- Follow-up of approval from different teams is now automated using Oracle BPM.
- Role-based dashboards and reporting.
“We in Paddy Power Betfair sought a partner who we could trust to guide us in our journey implementing Oracle Fusion. We found this in Namos. Their competent know-how and experience made it easier for us, delivering a quality solution in an agile, no fuss manner. They were also great value for money.”
Colum Colbert, Head of Procurement Services, Paddy Power Betfair