Paddy Power Betfair is a leading international sports betting and gaming operator and constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. It’s powered by sophisticated in-house technology, innovative products and creative marketing and sporting partnerships.
To manage and optimise contracts, Paddy Power Betfair needed an easy-to-use Spend Governance and Contract Repository solution.
SOLUTIONS AT A GLANCE
- Oracle Enterprise Contracts Cloud Service
- Oracle Application Composer
- Oracle Business Process Management (BPM)
Paddy Power Betfair operate five leading brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet, FanDuel and TVG, which have over five million customers worldwide. Paddy Power’s contracts process was a somewhat painful inefficient process that required a tremendous amount of manual effort and way too many emails.
Evolving business needs of Paddy Power Betfair required them to get on board with industry best practices and streamline the contract process, helping move deal sheets (pre-cursor to a contract) quickly from one step to the next – ultimately saving time, money and a lot of headaches. Now, they receive the right email at the right time and are in a far better place to achieve procurement SLAs and report with accurate data, having partnered with award-winning Oracle experts, Namos Solutions.
- Deal Sheets captured in Word document make it difficult to maintain repository and indexing
- No visibility of Deal Sheet data to all stake holders until sent to next level by email
- Discussion carried over by email made it difficult to track conversations
- Creating contracts in legacy solution required duplication of entry of data already in Deal Sheet
- No mechanism for alerts/notifications for approvals, reminders, escalations
- Approval mechanism is manual
- Manual generation of reports is time consuming, makes accuracy harder to achieve.
- Electronic processing of Deal Sheet and Contract in cloud.
- Single source of information for Deal Sheet integrated with Enterprise Contract.
- Deal Sheet accessible to all stake holders from submission to approval.
- Restriction prevents creation of duplicate contracts for given Deal Sheet.
- Alerts and notifications during approval, reminders if awaiting approval.
- Dashboard with tabular summary view and graphical representation with drill-down capabilities.
- Enabled to integrate with eBusiness Suite using web service API (SOAP, REST).
- Historical data of Deal Sheet is available.
- 360 view of Deal Sheet data from creation to approval historically.
- Single channel for requesting and approving Deal Sheets and contracts.
- Automatic alerts on upcoming milestones such as contract expiration.
- Easy-to-use, central repository to manage all contract types (Procurement, Sales, Project and Service).
- Oracle Social Network embedded in Deal Sheet streamlines team communication, avoiding the exchange of emails and offline discussion.
- Deal Sheet is processed electronically which avoids having to maintain the deal sheet data in offline mode.
- Follow-up of approval from different teams is now automated using Oracle BPM.
- Role-based dashboards and reporting.
What was Paddy Power Betfair looking for in a solution?
User friendliness and appeal, reliability, strong reporting capability, whilst offering high-configurability to their specific needs.
How was the solution implemented and how has it made the overall process easier?
- APPS composer was used to build Deal Sheet custom object under Sales Cloud application.
- Approval process (Serial and Parallel) handled using Oracle BPM.
- Implementation of Oracle Enterprise Contracts for contract management with approval process.
- Ability to copy Deal Sheet record to avoid need to re-enter similar Deal Sheet information.
- Procurement Services can create contract from the approved Deal Sheet, with commonly used data automatically prepopulated in contract.
Why did they specifically choose Namos for this project?
Value for money, quality, competence and know-how, all delivered in an agile, no fuss manner.