Author: Scott Stewardson, Payroll Support Analyst, Namos Solutions
Everyone wants to reduce tasks which are repeatable to give themselves time back. The Payroll Department is no different and Payroll processing comes around at least once a month. What if you could allow yourself half a day worth of time spent back from manually processing payroll flows?
I have experience of supporting and processing payrolls of 200,000 employees at one of the largest retailers in the UK and at the time, the largest in Europe. Using these payroll flows shaved countless wasted person hours from payroll processing every month.
The fundamental priority of the Payroll team is paying colleagues accurately and on time, however, with Oracle HCM the ability to streamline processes, allowing more time on ad hoc tasks and removing the need for manual intervention, are just some of the points these custom dependency flows offer.
With Payroll Dependency flows, they do just that and are a massive asset to payroll departments, as I well know from experience of using these. The dependency flows are custom flows built up of other reports or processes to either flow when one completes or processes simultaneously depending on the sequence order selected.
Below are some key points around these dependency flows that our clients have ultimately benefited from:
- Creation of payroll dependency flows increases the streamlining of payroll processes meaning more time for other tasks and decreasing the need for manual processing of flows or reports
- Post-Payroll reports can be rolled up into one flow. These individual processes and reports such as Element Results Register, Costing Detail/Summary, Balance Exception Reports, Gross to Net are just some examples of post payroll reports that can be combined. This makes running reports to balance the payroll as an example, easier and not having to individually run these reports, saves manual processing time
- Another example of the dependency flows working is for key payroll processes. These include Recalculate Payroll for Retroactive Changes, Roll Back of Errors, producing error report and calculating payroll. If your Pensions Automatic Enrolment process is included within the main payroll runs, this can also be included within the dependency flows.
- Working with dependency flows in previous positions puts clients in a much better position in terms of streamlining processes and allowing making more time available for other ad-hoc Tasks.
To discover more regarding payroll flows the below link should highlight some areas:
- Radio Talk discussing payroll flows and the automation – Link 1: HCM Cloud Talk Radio: Making the most of Payroll… . Posts (848). Human Capital Management Events . Forum . Oracle Cloud Customer Connect
- Oracle Document taken from 20B on how to edit and create own flow patterns – Link 2: Payroll Flow Patterns (Chapter 2) R20B (oracle.com)
If you would like to talk through how our customers are already benefitting from streamlined payroll processes supported by Namos, please get in touch!
About Namos Solutions
Namos Solutions are an award-winning Oracle Partner, specialising in the implementation and support of ERP, EPM and HCM business solutions, both in the Cloud and on-premise.
With global experience together with an impeccable track record, our business is built on our passion for delivering successful business transformation. Passion underpins everything we do at Namos – passionate about delivering beyond expectations, earning trust, and building long-lasting relationships with our clients.
Although based in central London, we work wherever our clients need us to be. Many leading organisations located all over the world trust and rely on our expertise to deliver industry-leading business solutions. Namos customers can currently be found in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America, and Africa.