At Namos, we believe that interviews should be a two-way street: a chance for you to decide if our culture and community is right for you, alongside our hiring team deciding if you’re right for us.
To give yourself the best chance of doing that, it’s wise to prepare in advance. Remember, there is never a second chance to make a first impression! Even the most experienced and qualified job seekers need to prepare for an interview, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered, with 15 tips for your interview:
1. Research the company and your interviewer(s). Use the website, social media posts and recent press releases, as this will provide you with a solid understanding of the company’s goals and how your background makes you a great fit. Likewise, take a look at your interviewer’s LinkedIn profile (they won’t mind!) – where have they worked previously? Might they know anyone you’ve worked with in the past? Think about how your backgrounds align and how you can create some common ground during the interview.
2. Reread the job description. Think about examples from your past and current work that align with the role requirements – how can you articulate these to your interviewer?
3. Use the STAR method when answering interview questions. Prepare to be asked about when you used a specific skill (for example, problem solving or working in a team) and use the STAR method to tell stories with a clear Situation, Task, Action and Result. You can learn more about the STAR method here: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/interviewing/how-to-use-the-star-interview-response-technique
4. Prepare your answers to common interview questions, for example: “Tell me about yourself”. Treat this question as the chance to make your personal elevator pitch! The interview is your time to sell yourself and demonstrate what value you will add to the company, so use it well.
5. Prepare a list of questions to ask your interviewer. An employer will expect you to ask questions: they want to know that you are thinking seriously about working for them. Some examples of questions you could ask include:
- What are the company’s plans over the next 12-18 months?
- What do you love about working for Namos?
- How would my performance be measured in this role? How often?
- What does the ideal candidate for this team look like to you?
6. Make a great first impression. Display confident body language, make sure you’re appropriately attired, and don’t forget to smile!
7. Respond truthfully to each question. Don’t embellish and definitely don’t lie!
8. Keep your answers concise and focused. Remember that your interviewer’s time is limited, so try not to ramble. It can be helpful to practice your answers before the interview.
9. Be authentic and positive. Showing willingness and an upbeat attitude, whilst being your genuine self, will help interviewers relate to you.
10. Never speak negatively about previous employers. If asked about a negative experience, focus on what you took away from the experience and how it will inform the next phase of your career.
And if it’s a video interview……
11. Check your internet connection beforehand, and that the link to Microsoft Teams, Zoom etc. works.
12. Find a quiet, well-lit place to take the call, away from any interruptions.
13. Dress professionally, as if you were meeting the interviewer face to face.
14. When listening, nod and smile to show that you are engaged.
15. Have a notepad and pen handy to take notes if necessary.
Good luck for your interview, from all at Team Namos!
If you would like to join our team and have the opportunity to be involved in exciting, challenging and complex projects all over the world, please view our current list of vacancies here.
About Namos Solutions
Namos Solutions are an award-winning Oracle OPN Modernised Partner specialising in the implementation and support of ERP, EPM and HCM business solutions, both in the Cloud and on-premise.
With global experience together with an impeccable track record, our business is built on our passion for delivering successful business transformation. Passion underpins everything we do at Namos – passionate about delivering beyond expectations, earning trust and building long-lasting relationships with our clients.
Although based in central London, we work wherever our clients need us to be. Many leading organisations located all over the world trust and rely on our expertise to deliver industry-leading business solutions. Namos customers can currently be found in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, North America and Africa. For more information, please visit www.namossolutions.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.